Sunday, December 6, 2009

the wind kept blowing...

Although it has now died down to about only 20 kph.. The snow swirled off the roof for two days....and onto the patio..... sigh... a lot of shoveling to get that out of there.... and the temperature dropped to .. well, it's -20 C as I type...... so pretty chilly.














we've never had it drifted in there like this in all the years the patio has been there.... it's weird... must just be the way the wind was swirling around....


















look how it's hanging off the railing.... it looks beautiful if nothing else..
















































Mr. BV says...hah! you think these are drifts? You should try living in Brandon, Manitoba.... we used to have to shovel out when things were up to the house eaves.. ! I'm glad I'm from western Canada..he can have Manitoba... and I bet he's glad he is here in Alberta now too....

7 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

It started snowing here late last night and it is STILL snowing here. hee. As you know, I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it. :D
Even went out and played in it earlier today.

Hope you have a good week.

Linda Fleming said...

Brrr..... I had to go put another sweatshirt on just from the chill of those photos!

Michelle Eaton said...

Wow, it looks like such a winter wonderland. I wish we got snow here.

Dolores said...

I heard about all the centimetres you Albertans were getting. Snow is supposed to hit us tomorrow (well later today seeing as how it's past 12)

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

Greetings from Ohio, USA! Enjoyed reading your blog and thinking - whew - all we've had so far is some heavy snow flurries!

Thought you'd get a laugh about how I found you. My husband and I were decorating our Christmas tree last night. He is a SERIOUS book collector (and lover of gnomes, too, btw!.

Two or three years ago, I found a lovely ornament that was a bookcase full of books. It was his favorite ornament! It was new, found in Horchow or some similar catalogue.

Can you see where this is going? Yep, last night he dropped it and it broke into millions of itty bitty pieces. So I sat down this morning and googled 'bookcase christmas ornament' in an effort to find another one. Your blog Bearister Bookcase was my first search return!

I almost didn't click on it since bears are one of the very few things I DON'T collect - ha ha! But I'm so glad I did. As a fellow artist (I paint on antique windows) and needlecrafter (knit, felt, crochet), I was gobsmacked by your gorgeous bears, poodles and dolls!

Thank you for a lovely way to start the day!

Merry Christmas, Ronda

JudiA said...

Brrrrrr!!! That's a lot of snow already. I wonder what the rest of this winter will bring. Take care and stay warm Vee!

Jennifer Rose said...

snow angel time now :) and big snow men :)