Monday, January 4, 2010

photo a Week....












New day, new week, new year....

out with the old ...in with the new....

Well, out with some of the old... and in with the new logo for our Photo of the Week fun. Maybe you'd like to participate this year ??... check out Linda's blog here.

It's a lighthearted group ... no pressure... but, somehow in the back of my mind.. it almost forces me to be "out there" a bit more... gives me something to look forward to ... makes me want to use my camera.... all good.















one last look at my pretty blue Christmas lights... on my five foot wall surrounding the patio. Can't see over it for snow now... and how I love the look of the snow in late afternoon.... everything turns blues and purples....

And.... just have to show you one more card.... this one handmade. Definitely won't be cutting this one up to make any boxes ! I'll save it to display... either on the mantle...or...in next year's tree. Thanks Helena...it's lovely...



















ps.... I have no idea what happened...but, I got tired of dealing with the black printing that showed up for no apparent reason. Not to be seen on the dark blue of course... where it is now pink...and I did manage to make it white..but, then..I couldn't find the highlighted word to give the link...arrggghh..so.. I got ticked and made it all pink... which made it easy to find the word..which I then made yellow....ahhahah.... and if you can follow all of that nonsense.. ... good on ya !!

11 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

That card is gorgeous! Lucky you to have such a nice and talented friend.

I was really surprised how many of us stuck with the photo challenge last year. It sure made me a lot more comfortable with my camera and motivated me to look up tutorials and read books for tips on taking better photos.

We still have xmas light up outside. I'm hoping the little bit of heat they give off will save some of my plants during this freaky cold spell in paradise.

Serena Lewis said...

OH, what a beautiful card......definitely a keeper!

I love pics of snow!

Yep, I knew exactly what you were talking about....hehehehe....I did....really ~ :)

JudiA said...

Oh, your pics are making me cold, LOL! I look forward to a new year of new photos - it is fun to catch a glimpse of other people's worlds.

Sue said...

Your snow pic is so pretty. I have a thing for winter scenes - maybe because it makes me appreciate the coziness and warmth of my house all the more.

Beautiful card! Lucky you!

HElen said...

Beautiful card!
Nice snow picture!

Annie said...

Beautiful card. That is serious snow you've got. We just have very fine pretty little snow flakes falling at the mo. Very pretty that is from my side of the glass in the warm. :-)
A x

Jennifer Rose said...

for a second there I thought you had 5 feet of snow lol

Maria Vaz said...

Hello Vee, best wishes for the new year. The snow pics continue to make me miss it all ... it´s beautiful.I hope it´s not too cold, though. We have rain with some sunny breaks. Lovely card you received. It´s a keeper, for sure!
Hugs .....

MaryO said...

Love your blue snow! I keep beautiful cards I get, too. This one is lovely!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely blue snow and a lovely card too, enjoyed the little guy in his sweater.

Sprite said...

Oh wow that snow looks so beautiful! What a pretty card too!

BIG hugs,
Sprite