Sunday, February 27, 2011

another new guy...

New challenge underway over at the Cloth and Clay Dolls site.  This one will be fun.  Not that they all aren't...just that I happen to be more interested in this one.  I can hardly wait to see the creations.

Most of you know that I seem to be doing not much of anything crafty lately...haven't had any inspiration or motivation or much of anything in that department it seems.  In the past few months... well, ever since my wrist surgery I guess....I haven't made anything or "anybody".  Not that I felt down and out or anything...just didn't put my hand to anything ...or my mind.  But...all of a sudden...I feel like doing something again.  Kicked myself in the butt and started a little bear...and now... also began playing with some clay.  I don't really know what I'm doing with clay even if I have taken a course...it was so long ago...and I do so little of it... I forget everything I learned... ...but, I do persevere.  That's about it.  I played with it for hours....and hours... my neck has been killing me for two days now... too much bending in one direction.  I don't even come up for air or tea or food when I get going on something.  Maybe I needed a few months off.... lol.....  and, I think I better set a timer for half an hour or an hour at a time... so I don't wreck myself.

The challenge is storybook characters....... and here is his head.... fresh out of the oven...no paint yet....so looks a lot paler than he will eventually .... and no ears either.... hahahhaha....  ......guess who it is.....

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Hmmmm.... storybook character and it is a 'he' and he has no ears yet... not much to go on... I'm going to guess some sort of wizard... or old man... or king... or one of the seven dwarfs.... OK ~ I don't have a clue. ;)

Happy Monday!
xo Catherine

Shashi Nayagam said...

Well I don't have a clue but whoever he is going to turn out he/she is going to be awesome that I can see. Great to see you creating again.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I don't know either....erm...Rumpelstiltskin? Do I get points for spelling that?

Susan said...

Oh boy he's got character. Can't wait to see who he is.
Sounds like you definitely needed a bit of time off. Our bodies have a way of letting us know don't they ;-)
I like the idea of a timer to jerk you out of creative mode temporarily and to move your own limbs a bit. So easy for hours to pass by isn't it. I have a bad dose of eyestrain at the moment... think I'll go and find my timer!