Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mailbox fun....

I want to show you what arrived a couple days before my sister ...  from a British artist and needle felter....and also now... published author ..and.... best of all... blog buddy and friend.  I've been checking out her Etsy site off and on but seemed to miss when there were some available...but, this time... aha...there they were!  Ordered them on the spot!

Lovely little cards with such wonderful renditions of favourite animals... so sweet!  Top drawer quality.... and so professionally done.  The bunny in the corner is my favourite.... I could just weep right along with him...















And in this group....I especially love the little tin mice....



















 Gretel also sent postcards of some of her needle felted creations... the hours she puts into her felting ... amazing!  Look at the detail ... and it's all needle felted.  Being a needle felter gives one an even greater appreciation of her works.
Look....that's the mouse in her book, Mrs. Mouse's Cupcakes....















Honestly...she spoiled me. I also got a little cupcake pin and some of her pink elephant stickers  .. oh...and... even a little hare looking at the moon ... a print of a lino cut.... good luck for my crafting room.  It's not framed ..just placed strategically on some cream and black background so you get the idea behind my thought for doing....



















How I love it when "stuff" like this arrives in my mail box.... thanks so much Gretel.... love it all!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

They are so beautiful...I've never seen anything like these. Thank you for sharing and I must say, you are all very clever little vegemites. Maa.

Catherine said...

What beautiful cards! Very unique! Isn't it wonderful to get 'fun' stuff in the mail instead of those nasty ol' bills?

We had snow yesterday morning...did you send it out this way? ;)

xo Catherine

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous!! Aren't you a lucky lady. Love the felted items and the cards. Now when are you going to start your felting. I thought that goose you made was wonderful.

rachel said...

Good for you, ordering from Gretel, whose creations are quite extraordinary. I have a needlefelted Flossie that she made for me - and it's not getting unpacked in the new house until all the builders and their dust has gone.

Jennifer Rose said...

she does lovely work :)

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Vee,
Catching up here! :)
Love all the lovely cards. I visted your friend's blog and she has lovely things there. I will go back again.
Hugs

Dolores said...

It's really nice that sometimes the mailman/letter carrier brings something other than fliers and bills. Good going there. The cards are really cute and I like the bunny too.

Serena Lewis said...

Beautiful! Quite unique too. There is some amazing talent out there.

Anonymous said...

Gretel is fantastically talented .... and generous with the little extras she includes. I have a hare print - it is on the wall behind me! I had it framed very simply, with a narrow black mat, then a wider cream one, and a plain narrow black frame - it looks fabulous!!

Gretel said...

How did I miss this? thank you so much for the mention - I'm so glad you liked everything Vee, you've been a good friend in blogland - and still are! ♥