Thursday, July 11, 2013

Poof, it's an appliqué...

I need one of those little accent thingies...to apply to my "e' in the word applique ... I wonder if there is a way to do it? ..or are they only on keyboards purchased in French speaking areas?. ... For now, I'll just use the apostrophe...to let folks know that I actually do know it needs something, but, I don't actually have that little 'something'....  either that or they'll just think I'm silly.... in which case... who cares.... maybe there is a way to move it backward so it's above the "e"? ...if you know, please let me know too okay?

Heyyy!!!  never mind, I figured it out.  Well, not me actually...but, I went to Wiki to find out if there is a way to make an acute accent...and...there is.  So, I just held down the option key + e and then pressed the e...and voila...it appeared where it is supposed to be!  Slick.  Yay me...

Now, where was I?  ..oh, yes... remember the little bit of material with the filled in cross stitched hearts?  The one I cut out almost too small to make it useful for anything?















 Turns out it was a perfect size for an appliqué... barely... hahah...there it is again...love it.  Now I know how to do it...oh, off topic again... smug with my new found trick for the accent.  Sorry.

Here it is ... surrounded by French knots ... beside another bumpy bit I put on way back when..

It is still not just appliqué either.  I didn't like the look of it totally flat..so added a teensy amount of some stuffing ...just to plump it a tiny bit.. make it stand out better.  Maybe I'll leave some just flat somewhere else on the cloth.  But so far .. no, don't really like the look of them.















Here you can see the original bumpy one and some prairie points and some other stitches.  French knots, buttonhole lace stitch, some chain stitch and oh, some thread wrapping on the strings holding the "balloon.  That's what they remind me of... balloons floating away over the mountains...



6 comments:

Dolores said...

Pretty, pretty. I love it and yes, they do look like balloons. Thanks for the tip on the accent. I was going to tell you to go into a word program and it's there under "Symbols." Tons of different letters with various accents.

Annie said...

Really love your 'balloons'. I can tell you're having lots of fun with your sewing.
Hugs,
A x

Twiglet said...

Very clever with the accent there V! I never knew that. Your little puffy balloons are perfect - that piece is just so scrumptious!! x Jo

Shashi Nayagam said...

Vee you are doing some amazing and beautiful work.

Beedeebabee said...

Such pretty stitching, Vee!...It's amazing, all the secrets our keyboards hold! xo

Lin said...

I always love to see what you add each week. :)