Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm sorry

I used to have an easy BlogLines thingy....I just clicked on it and it showed a list down the left side of my page... heavy type for those that had updated ... and I could just click on it and go immediately to your blog... no problemo.... it was fun; I enjoyed it.

Now... something has happened.  I can't figure out how to fix it.  I'm a techno dweeb. Now there is a page of ugly grey narrow boxes and I can't make them do anything...no clicking to read..no clicking to go anywhere ...except on the first 4 in the list...and then..no way to click on and say "done" or "read" ...I have to clear them all at the same time even if I can't make them open...sigh......and, so....I haven't been around much to your blogs.

I have to go to my page where I do my new post.... close that ...look for you on a "reading list" ...which is truly a trying experience.  I have been deleting most of my blogs I followed .in order to shorten the list to those I visit regularly ...but, even that is a pain....so, I am going to make a paper list... with your addresses on it...or ... list you on my sidebar and then from there I can get to you and your postings....

I WILL see you soon..... and, in the meantime...I AM trying to keep a smile on my face... and, I promise I'll shave as soon as I find a spare moment.....I definitely ain't waxin' !!!


12 comments:

Terra said...

Oh dear, I sympathize with you as your blog roll is not working right. Please add me in on your new list terragarden.blogspot.com so we stay in touch.
I follow blogs with blog friend connect and ALSO with bloglovin.com so I have two ways to find your new posts so it is a backup.

Mary Ann Tate said...

I use the blog list gadget and add as many blogs as I want. Blogger has been doing some strange things lately though.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Vee, another local blogger said the same thing is happening to her blog too... now I am scared to open my layout page in case it catches me and locks everything out on me too. another lady in Nova scotia had her whole blog deleted she had been doing for years.. ... There's always something to spoil the fun.. Hope the problem works itself out. xo

Abi said...

Ack, good old blogger! it took me a while to find my reading list, and then often, it says I don't have one! I also dont know how to delete ones that are no longer being used - so there must be a trick there!

Annie said...

Oh bum. What a pain. This blogging world is a wonderful place when it's working eh? Really hope you get it sorted soon. Til then...take a big deep breath and just chill :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Anonymous said...

Hello Vee,
Stopped by to say hi! ;)
Just thought I would let you know that I scrolled down your blog. From my side I can see a list of 8 blogs that you follow, with pictures included ... no grey blocks from this side. :)
Shaving is less painful hihihihi
Hugs, MV

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I get automatic updates from you on my bloglovin reader - never have used the links on the side of my blog, so now I'm curious. Must go and check to see how many of them do (or don't!) work.

Anonymous said...

I have all the blogs I read in my Favourites (on other systems they are bookmarked) so I just go down the list. I've never otganised getting notifications when people post.

BeadedTail said...

It's tough finding a way to follow everybuddy but hopefully you get it all figured out! Have a great day anyway!

Lin said...

My blogroll list in Blogger works, but it is bogged down with dead blogs and I remove them. Then half the time it tells me I'm not following anyone. Sheesh. I have a lot bookmarked elsewhere and I use BlogLovin too. It helps a little.

I hope I don't lose you!

karen said...

yes....technology....very trying!! I do hope you have managed to get a little bit of sewing done....

Shashi Nayagam said...

I used to use bloglines too but as you say they have done something to it everything has gone haywire. I can't even get into that site now. Perhaps they have closed it down.