Thursday, January 2, 2014

Last night of Christmas ........

yep.... tomorrow I'm going to take it down.... don't really want to ...and usually try to leave it up for my little old neighbour who is Ukrainian and celebrates about January the 8th I think.... but,  Greg is making noises about it being up far too long....sigh.............. oh, well, this year I put it up earlier and got to enjoy it much longer than we did last year.



















The little guys on the couch will miss it too.... no more sparklies to admire.... I'll have to find them something interesting to do or to look at.  ..otherwise they'll cause trouble... I know those guys.

Today I put away the rest of Christmas... moved a lot of boxes around in the storage area... tossed a few and found new ones..hopefully all will now fit better into the niche I allow for the festive stuff.  Then, need to re-organize the whole storage area ... it would be nice to toss and purge things...but..I know darn well the second I do...I'll need whatever it is I threw out.  Forget it.  I'll just save it.  All of it.  Somebody else can deal with all of it when I'm long gone.  And good luck to 'em...hahahhahha......

So, .....more snow tomorrow.  We have record high piles of it already...but, a new cold front is blowing in and they are forecasting between 5 and 35 cm... of the new white stuff...oh...goody.... my biceps and forearms are getting a great workout... actually my hands feel it too.... oh, and my back ..and my legs..and my ...hahahha.... yeh..... I know....

Still have some cranberries left and must make some chutney...

Might just head out to stock up on grub ...in case.... don't want to get caught short if the weather takes a total nosedive... have to be ready for anything.

Goodbye (for now) Christmas stuff....

 'night, 'night little mousies... time to sleep til December now....




4 comments:

Nan G said...

It is such a pretty Christmas, thank you for sharing! All the best to you and yours in the new year. Hugs Nan

Sylvia said...

Hi Vee,
Thanks for your lovely comment !
Our Christmas tree is still up ...
hope those little guys won't cause you too much trouble ... :-)
Wishing you all the best for 2014 !
Nice weekend,
Sylvia


Anonymous said...

Hello Vee,
Beautiful tree! Too bad it has to come down. But the excitement of building it up again will come soon enough.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wishing you much happiness, good health and prosperity for 2014.
Maria V.

BeadedTail said...

Your tree is beautiful! It's always sad to take them down but then we can look forward to putting them up next year! Stay warm!