Tuesday, February 11, 2014

less utility, more fun...

This piece of fabric strips is my latest little project... well, not a project really...just some fun. There are still a few utility stitches used to hold the strips in position... but, then... some machine free motion work will come into play and also some hand embroidery and some embellishment.
















The dark strips are from a piece of what I think is metallic and silk..it is actually open weave and see through, but, it is a bit darker than I'd like... however, it does go nicely with some of my off whites.  Some day I'll organize a swap or something and get me some of the real thing... in a lovely nude colour or perhaps some silvery... we'll see.
















Who knows what will become of this piece of fabric...   some of it could even end up as a pin cushion I guess ..... we'll see as it progresses.


I have to say, the bears and other assorted animals that live at my house are not always totally helpful... take the other night for example... I was going to sit under some bright lights in the office so that I could see well enough to do some tiny stitching... because my hobby room is still in disarray and I have no clue where my Ott light is... but, I wasn't quite sure how to take this.....maybe I should just be thrilled that they think my bum is only that big.....
















If you didn't know better, you might think kids live here......


3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Maybe it wasn't the size of your bum they were considering - perhaps they just plain didn't want to share!

Abi said...

The stitching is beautiful,and the softies are too cute :)

Lin said...

Are they smiling at you? Or laughing? :P