Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shiva Paint Sticks

Perhaps just a bit tentative yet... but, it does make a nice difference and I'll try to get it a bit thicker next time...

Here is the first one I tried ..
You can see the coloured pencil lines quite clearly..





















Then, ...mix up a bit of the paint stick colour... easy to do, not messy and no smell.  What fun sticks!  I just need to learn to put more actual paint onto my paper.  Mix a nice colour for the skin....





















...apply to the face ... et voilĂ  !  Smoother and prettier looking ..... Martha used more I know, because portions of the graph lines are not noticeable in many of her whimsical girls....I'll get it.....


4 comments:

Shashi Nayagam said...

Lovely sketch Vee. Can't wait to see the finished product

Mary Ann Tate said...

I've just bought a few Shiva paint sticks.

I saw someone else doing faces too on Facebook. Kat Lees and Sharon Mitchell are two I know...they are doing "Gritty Jane's 40 Portraits Challenge".

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've never played with Shiva Paint Sticks, so it's fun to see your experiments. Your faces are lovely...and I really like the white hair (perhaps that's not intentional on your part, to have the hair white, but I like it).

darlene said...

Great Job!