Friday, March 21, 2014

whoops...

My third gal.....





















I've done faces before.  When I took a class on face painting for dolls.  I learned it then, ....but totally forgot I guess...hence the reason to refresh a person's little skills and crafts...

.... and, I forgot... finish off the eyes totally before I bother doing any other part of the face really... see what happened here?  I grabbed a Pigma pen for eyelashes... it was a .05 instead of a .005 .... sigh.... and now they are too bulky and can't be fixed.   Oh, well....now, she is either going out on a dark evening... to a dark club...or ... perhaps she is pretending she is an aspiring stage and screen star...hahahhah.....

They aren't even all the same size or direction...I gave up on them after I got them so bulky and not really what I wanted at all...

Oh, well... there are more girls where she came from...........................

more fun drawing some today ....later.....

12 comments:

Northbrook Designs said...

I think she looks pretty cool. Why not keeping going with the dark theme and make her a Goth girl. She would look great that way too.;o)
Romona

Caro said...

What a cool drawing...I can't draw faces for toffee so just cheat and do silhouettes or stylised figures with blobs for heads! Thanks for the smile. Caro x (#8)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm with Caro. I can't draw anything, either, and I don't even draw silhouettes. Your face put a smile on mine, though. Have a great Friday and weekend.

Dolores said...

I love that - "there are more girls where she came from." I didn't notice the thick lashes so don't mention them and no one else will notice. I do like her hair - sort of like what Beverley Thompson has on Canada AM.

Annie said...

She's gorgeous....all made up to go out on the town I'd say :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Susan said...

I'm with all the others Vee - her eyelashes are gorgeous. Back when I used to mascara mine, I loved that big look! She's so glamorous :D)

Judys Lace Creations said...

Pretty good face to me!
I found Patti Culea cloth doll face painting you tube video quite helpful for proportions.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Vee,

I love your girls faces - you are so talented and must be enjoying taking the class.
Hope that Spring will be there soon - you must be over with winter now.
Happy weekend
hugs
Carolyn

Elizabeth said...

I think she looks gorgeous ... I'd like eyelashes that long and thick :) And I'd like to be able to draw faces as well as you do. Elizabeth xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I'm remembering now my mother saying that a lady having a swan neck was something beautiful. Your drawings have those necks and therefore ARE beautiful!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

People are definitely not my forte. I really struggle, so I really admire what you have done. Glad you liked my little test I actually got the maths right for once, but fell for all the other pitfalls. xx Maggie

Maria Vaz said...

I like!!! Looks great!