Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday smile....

.... and, in keeping with old photos as one of the gals did .....

how 'bout these handsome guys.... no laffin' either ...one of 'em is my Dad.... oh, alright then, go on ...have a good laugh.  He's the handsome one;  the buff one. The others are his war buddies ...both of whom he apparently saved from some horrific encounter or other.
He could still walk around a school gymnasium on his hands at the age of almost 60 .... helped my youngest sister build a log cabin in his 70's ... and survived 'til he was 87 ... having smoked since he was 10 and polishing off as much booze as any man could for most of his life ... every year that I knew him anyway...





Laugh, and carry on...... what else can we do some days?


12 comments:

Annie said...

Oh I do love old photos.....those trunks!!! :-) :-) :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Judys Lace Creations said...

Oh this photo is adorable!Notice how one chap ( on the right) is sucking in his stomach!!haha.
Fancy, smoking and drinking and living to a ripe old age!!
Judy x

Twiglet said...

Fab photo - I remember my Dad having "wartime" trunks - knitted in navy wool - bet they were really comfy when wet!! x Jo

Mary Ann Tate said...

They all look very self conscious...sucking in their guts...LOL I love old photos. Your dad sounds like my dad...smoked from the age of 10. He finally kicked the habit by chewing gum but then he got addicted to chewing it:)

Laura said...

Oh the trunks!!
Some fabulous cars in the background too
:)
Laura

Susan said...

A gorgeous oldie Vee - I do like black and whites.
They'd have all fluttered the ladies' hearts I'm sure :D)
I remember my Dad's swimming trunks with the belt through the top.

Hettie said...

Great photo there. That would be a fabulous one to scrapbook if you could. My Dad had a knitted swimsuit and his younger sister. They were only small children during the war!
Sorry I am late but I have just come home from a quilting AGM since Wednesday!
Hugs
xx

Lin said...

Not laughing at the guys....just the swimsuits. Criminy...they go all the way up!

Terra said...

Your dad had a great health regime. It worked for him, for sure.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Such handsome looking men. It is always fun to look at old photos

Karen said...

they are all handsome...wow! Bet they broke a few hearts....
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Maria Vaz said...

Hehehe ... those trunks! It's special to hold on to those old pictures.