Saturday, September 12, 2015

doing something...

.... almost anything to stay busy ... I have things on my mind that are happening this coming week and not looking forward to them... plus the ribs are holding me back .. so I'm just "doing" ....

I decided to make some little books in the style of Karen Ruane...

Putting some of my stitchery samples in one for me... they've just been sitting in a pretty box 'til now.

We began a larger ledger in one of her classes ...for doodles, samples and other inspirations, but, I saw that she has been making cute tiny  books... only a few pages really.. so I decided to do one.

What is it they say?  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...... .. hahahaha ... oh, alright ...I'm just a copycat....

Here is a page ...

Lots of various stitches on the first piece .. which is a piece of linen with some sparkly bits on it.. a gift from another member of the first class we took together... thanks Lexxi ... and, the second is a bit of hand made lace that Karen made..and I won in a little giveaway .. to which I added some pink and some white French Knots .. then.. stuck it to some water colour paper and did a bit of paper pricking.                                                                                      





6 comments:

Terra said...

What a dainty little book you created.

Jennifer Rose said...

hope your ribs feel better soon :)

nice little delicate looking little books :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think Karen would be very pleased with your little book pages. Hope your ribs are healing well and that the trials that face you this week will prove to be small ones.

Twiglet said...

Oh V - I missed your last post! So sorry to hear about your ribs - hope they soon heal and you are back to normal activities! AND whatever is happening later in the week too - goes well. Now then, those little bitty books are a great idea for keeping focused and busy with something. I am like you and can't just sit with nothing to do. Crafting is the perfect way to concentrate on something creative and take your mind away from the other things. x Jo

Lin said...

I think it's a great way to keep samples of your work to have out to enjoy. Otherwise, they just all sit in a drawer.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Hope your ribs heal soon. Vee. I am loving your booklets. They are so pretty and it is a lovely way to keep records of what you have done.