Monday, January 11, 2016

Special friends

Among my friends, I'm lucky to count a "speshol brown bear" and a "litol gween dwagon pwincess".....  That's right.  I have unusual friends.   And how I love it.

When I was down for the count just before Christmas; sick and coughing and aching all over and just downright miserable.....     I received a card from the two of them and it made my day.  They had drawn and coloured and written special messages just for me.  How cool is that?

I set it on a table with some other cards and looked at it several times during my wandering about trying to find somewhere comfortable to sit or lie... nowhere was any good.... so I kept on walking til I fell on the bed.

The next day I noticed that a late bud on the Christmas cactus had grown larger ... remember the plant?  It bloomed way back around the first of November.  There were a few extra little teeny buds on it that didn't amount to anything and fell off.  But, this bud stayed....

It got much bigger the next day and Dilly had her eye on it... the third day it opened slightly and the next day..it was in full bloom!  Oh, that did it...she moved her card right up close to it.  She loves pink and declared that it was the perfect colour and actually the very same colour ..as her "pwetty pink dwess" .. and, that she must sit right beside it.  She admired it for days ....

I had to take a few pics of them together ....













Of course, Bob T. Bear (esq.) ...  not to be outdone..... found a couple friends to hang out with as well.  Some sheepies and a mini Santa....













They kept it up for several days .....I never knew where to look for the card; some days it was on the sheep table..some days it was next to the cactus flower.  Seeing as Dilly found the flower first.... she got the most "me" time... well, that and she does have a very insistent way about her......

Thanks so much Bob and Dilly for my great card (and, the nose hugs!! )  You guys are the best!



5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

These are the bestest kinds of cards! So sorry you were on the sick list, but glad that you had these to give you a bit of cheer.

BeadedTail said...

How cute are those! Glad they helped you feel better! The cactus is so pretty!

Jerry and Ben said...

Bob T. AND Dilly cards? You sure are lucky! They send the best mail!

Mrs Mac said...

She IS insistent, isn't she? SO glad you liked their card! They had great fun making it.

Lin said...

Dammit....Do I have your address to send you a card?? I know I sent a few blogging friends a card this year. I may have to send you a Valentine.

I painted my office the other day and my Dotee is much happier with her surroundings. I love that I can count on ONE smiley face at work each day. :)